Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bambino Cut and Paste Activity & Printable

::: Bambino Academy :::

~ Surfer Dude is 39 months ~

Surfer Dude has been completing sticker/cutting activities for awhile now. I am sure you know the ones I mean. Place a row of stickers onto a strip of paper approximately 2cms in width and then the child cuts the strip into pieces, keeping one sticker on each piece. I can't be certain but I think the first place I may have seen this was over at the wonderful Counting Coconuts.

I've been wanting to extend on that activity for awhile now and today the opportunity arose. I simply drew everything freehand for Surfer Dude, but have since put together a simple little printable that has made it easier for me to prepare this activity....which by the way, he adores!



You will need two sheets of grid paper (see printable link below), I print one in colour so it is easy for Surfer Dude to tell them apart, stickers, enough to fill the sheet and small enough to fit within in each grid square, child sized scissors (if they are cutting) and a glue stick.


I prepared the first stage of cutting the coloured sheet into long strips and placed all of the supplies onto his tray. If you are doing this for the first time you might like to start with just the strips and the stickers and slowly move through the steps from there.


Surfer Dude then chooses his stickers and places one within each grid square. With a younger child you might like to remove the backing around the stickers, this makes it much easier for them to remove the sticker itself with greater success.


After one strip is full he then cuts it apart on the lines provided.


Once all stickers are in place and each strip has been cut apart, the next step is to glue each coloured square onto the second piece of grid paper.

This is quite an involved piece of work with many steps. You will need to decide for yourself what level your child is at and work from there. Right now I can give all the materials to Surfer Dude ( I only cut apart the inital long strips) and he does the rest all in one sitting.

The first time he did this it took him at least 30 minutes, his perseverance, concentration and determination was amazing. Such a simple activity covering such a wide variety of skills.



This is the very first one Surfer Dude completed, where I simply drew the grids by hand and did not provide him lines to cut on. You can choose to go either way with this, again depending on the child.

Download the grid pattern printable by clicking here

Check out the Linky Party's this is linked up to

9 comments:

The Homeschool Den said...

I hadn't actually seen this activity before. Thanks for posting about it! ~Liesl

e-Expeditions said...

This is such a great activity! Thanks for sharing and for putting together those printables. :)

Sheryll said...

Love this! Easy to make and like you said covers a wide variety of skills.

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

This looks like a lot of fun. :-)

Aimee said...

Great printable! What a fun learning activity! Thank you for sharing your ideas with us on The Sunday Showcase

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

What great practice! I have just pinned this super idea. I am a new follower from For the Kids Fridays. Vicky from Mess For Less

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

What a fun activity! I'd love for you to link up at my TGIF Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties
Beth =-)

Beth (www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com) said...

Thanks for linking this up to TGIF!
I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to follow back, If you want to =-)
Beth

Brittney said...

I really like this. You can't get much better than stickers, scissors and glue! I'm your newest follower, coming over from TGIF!

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs