Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lapbooks For Fun & Learning: Lego

How much fun is it to learn about something that you already have immense passion for!

This was a fun, quick, easy to complete (no prep for mum) learning experience all about Lego....now what boy isn't going to be interested in that?

A huge thank you to Amy over at Walking By The Way for taking the time to create this.

We, or should I say B as I had very little to do with it, completed this over a week, as it is laid out to do. He literally begged me every day and when circumstances meant that we had to skip a day, well let's just say that this mumma was not in the good books!

Oh these are the reasons why I am always so drawn to child interest learning or delight directed as I often see it called these days.

He used the computer and the internet to visit various sites whilst following along with the study.

He watched video's, completed building challenges, daily handwriting, was required to read quite large portions of  small text on the screen, looked up word definitions, completed mathematical equations and more. Never once did he complain or whine, in fact he asked every single day to do this work.

Seeing the joy of learning, when it is something you are genuinely interested in, is amazing to sit back and watch.

Another huge thank you to Amy for putting this together.

I am pretty sure there are loads of boys out there that have thoroughly enjoyed this Lego Learning Unit.

Now all I need to do is find one on Star Wars!



9 comments:

Heather said...

This is EXACTLY what I needed!! Thanks!!
~h

Ticia said...

And when you do share it with all of us

Leah Courtney said...

What a great lapbook! I needed something like this for my son. Thank you for posting this!

Kylie said...

We really did enjoy this and the way it is put together was very easy to follow.

Joelle said...

This is great. I am going to check that one out. Look great!

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

That lapbook is amazing! I'll have to show my kids =)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I am always blown up by moms who share the fruits of their labors with the rest of us. Of course, it's a bit early for us, but I am thinking of incorporating easy Lego challenges for Anna in her weekly activities.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, my son would love this! I'll definitely have to keep this in the back of my mind. My son is passionate about Star Wars too!

By the way, the other day you had a really thoughtful posting about reading. Thanks for that! I enjoyed the article you linked to as well. I've had my son doing independent reading for a long time now (well over a year) -- choosing what he is interested in reading. As he's grown, I've suggested books (or articles/stories) along the way, but I've left it at that. Do you have a set amount of time (or certain number of pages/chapters) that you have the kids read?

--Liesl

Anonymous said...

Looks great. I would love to see J get into something like this.

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs