Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bambino Academy Basics: Being A Part Of The Home School Day


Whilst I posted a few weeks back and then again just recently with some of the ways I keep C busy and entertained during the times I need to be available to the older two children, that does not mean that he is not included in the 'school' part of our day.

I'd decided that when K was getting ready to learn to begin handwriting practice that I would purchase a height adjustable desk for her. I had always known the importance of having a desk that was the right height. However B missed out on this, since we had only just begun homeschooling I chose not to rush out and buy desks and things. He just used the kitchen table or the kitchen bench most of the time.

Whilst out shopping for an inexpensive, height adjustable desk the thought crossed mind about purchasing something for C. A little place to call his own. We already own a plastic children's table and chairs but it generally gets used for messy art and crafts and is too big for the space I was thinking of to place it in.

Strolling the children's department we stopped by and browsed the desks. If I remember rightly I paid $50 for the desk and the chair (we only needed one). I chose to purchase the plain, unstained timber desk because it was the least expensive and it would unobtrusively fit nicely into our home office/library/sometimes school room area.

Whilst this was a purchase, that in all honesty, I wasn't 100% sure of, I can now say that is has been one of the best investments I have recently made. C was literally jumping with excitement once B had finished assembling it and we told him it was for him. He was adorable, rubbing his hands on the desktop like he'd just won the best prize in the world.

I covered the top with clear plastic just to keep it looking nicer for longer and you know, this little desks gets used at least 3 or 4 times a day, easily.

By having this space C feels important and a part of our day. He does his 'school' right there in the same room along with his big brother and sister.

He really is a part of our 'school' day and loves the importance we have given him by having a place that is just for him.




Vote for us. One click is all you need!



5 comments:

crazy4boys said...

I love his look of total concentration while he does "his work". What a great space for him!

Unknown said...

You definetly spent that $50.00 the right way. C looks like the student of the month. I like how you have the books on the desks. Nice! Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

the table looks great, though i cant help but wonder what it would look like with some funky art work done by Master C himself. Hand prints, finger painting, maybe even some sticking of shapes etc and with a bit of glaze over the top Master C can keep his artwork forever!!!

Skye said...

So cute kylie.

Nicole {tired, need sleep} said...

Oh, he is sooo sweet, loving his little desk so much! What a great idea to get an adjustable one, and I really like the look of it!

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs