Saturday, February 4, 2012

Australian Folk Songs

In what seems like, my never ending quest, to find Australian resources for our year, I stumbled across this little blog.




Here you can find a whole host of traditional Australian folk songs. I haven't been able to get the Aeroplane Jelly song out of my head for days....sorry if that happens to you too ;-)

I had no idea there was an Australian Alphabet Song. I'm yet to listen to that one but hope it is fun for the kids. Here's the first chorus or two:

A is for Australia, the land in which we are;
B is for the bush, my boys, which stretches near and far;
C is for the cattle which we are paid to mind
D is for the dingo, a treacherous brute you'll find.


CHORUS:
So, my Australian brothers, I hope that you will see
Signs of the times in our A B C.


E is for the eagle hawk, which plays havoc with our flocks;
F is for that little wretch - I mean the flying fox;
G is for the gray-flyer, a kind of kangaroo;
H is for the horse, my boys, we all have one or two.

I have a feeling we could get quite stuck on this little blog. I hope you enjoy it!



1 comments:

R Kahendi said...

Lol. This is great. It's amazing what you can find when you make the effort

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs