Friday, November 27, 2009

Free eBooks: Book Depository

Ok ok I'm probably the only person on the planet that has missed the fact that the Book Depository is currently offering FREE eBooks.

Yup, FREE, 11 000 in fact all in downloadable pdf's so you can read them right away.

Me personally, I prefer to print them out. Yes I know shame on me and all of that paper but I just can't read a book on the computer screen and there is nothing like having it sitting there on the shelves waiting to be read again and again. Plus if I didn't print them what on earth would I use my binding machine for, it certainly can't just sit there idle for the remiander of its days.



So anyway, I'm babbling. With 11 000 books to choose from you are sure to find something to please. I could have gone on and shown you heaps of images but you can click over there and see them for yourself.

To give you a bit of an idea I searched only through the children's selection at this stage and found close too 100 books. I bet though if you refine your search you can find more than that.

There appears to be quite a variety of books on offer too.

Everything from Children's Stories of the Great Scientists to The Stories Mother Nature Told Her Children, even Children's Hour with Red Riding Hood.


I also noticed whilst I was browsing, titles such as, Robinson Crusoe for Children, The Tinder Box and The Boys Book of Battles.

Instead of sitting here reading my rambles why don't you get over there and check them out for yourself. I haven't been able to find anywhere on the Book Depository site details regarding when the books will be taken down. So I guess you should probably grab what interests you asap.

Have fun, happy browsing, happy downloading and enjoy your reading.


1 comments:

Elise said...

Well, I know what I'm going to be doing tonight when my little ones are sleeping. Fun, fun, fun. Thank you so much for sharing this.

Your Santa paper is sweet and perfect for getting those letters off to the big man in red.

I have downloaded the Active Alphabet book - for parents and the one for toddlers.

Your blog has been full of lovely surprises today. Thank you so much for informative posts and great resources.

I sent you an email late last night about some sequencing cards that you may (or may not!) be interested in including in your wonderful blog.

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs