Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Turn It Off Tuesday



I love my computer. 
Maybe I should have said computerS!
I adore the internet. 
The ability to jump on in a second and bring yourself up to speed with whatever it is that you so badly want to be updated about.
'Meeting' people from all over the globe.
Sharing with like minds.
Debating with the not so like.
Seeing things from another's perspective.
Having MY space in the universe of the world wide web.
A sense of belonging.
Of hanging out. 
At times, a place to forget about the real world.
The intrigue in finding out how others live.

It is all of those things and more.

It is also one huge piece of time zapping energy.
You sit to check emails and before you know it over an hour has passed. 
Take a moment to read a few of your favourite blogs and there's another couple of hours.

What are we missing when we aren't living in the here and now?
What is happening behind our backs when our nose is pointing towards a screen?
What are we not doing when we choose to 'just' spend a bit of time on the net?

I say to you, Turn It Off this Tuesday and every Tuesday!

Hug your children, read to them those few extra books that you didn't get to, go outside and play, paint a picture, draw, sing, dance do anything. Just do it with REAL people and not those mysteries that live on the other side of the screen.

I am turning off my computer/s this Tuesday what about you?





4 comments:

Kez said...

Noooooo :)

I did go computer less for 3 days while we were away though so that's me done for a while!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Hey, tell this to my boss :) I do see your point, and I make a serious effort not to be on my computer during quality hours with my daughter.

Caz said...

Love it Kylie! I DID turn my computer off Tuesday, although it was completely coincidental! We made the hike to Caboolture for the Medieval faire kids day :D It was AWESOME!

Home-Mom said...

i need to pick a few days to go computerless. Starting next week I vow to go atleast 3 days with out the computer on (i think i can, i think i can ;)

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs