I will however share what thoughts I do have on the question asked.
I must add in here that I blog for fun, for record keeping and as a hobby. I do not blog to gain followers (although it is nice to know others actually do read) make a little extra cash or try to be something I am not.
I do strongly encourage new bloggers to keep it in perspectiveas the whole blogging experience can easily get out of hand.
Anyway, some ways that I have seen to increase blog followers are:
- Regular posting of at least 2-3 times a week
- Good photo's, well lit, easy to see. You don't need to be a photographer but decent photo's really do make a blog
- Short & precise posts, unless of course your writing is truly captivating (anyone recommend a good course? I'd like to improve my skills in this area)
- Sharing tutorials, how to's and free printable items
- Follow other blogs yourself
- Comment regularly on other blogs, that way you are being seen by many around the blogosphere
- Join linky's/meme's that interest you (you don't always have to commit to every single week)
- Giveaway's - although really you probably need to have a few followers to begin with for this to work effectively.