To make the practice of this a little more interactive I put together these printable labelling sheets. The full colour sheets I have laminated and are perfect to use as part of the Morning Routine/Calendar Time/Morning Circle.
The children can work through the various stages of these printable continent maps until they have everything well memorised. This download includes:
- Full colour map with continents & oceans labelled
- Full colour map with continents labelled
- Full colour map with oceans labelled
- Full colour map with space to add continents label
- Full colour map with space to add oceans label
- Sheet of labels to use with full colour maps
- Watermark maps to label with pen and ink, once the child is ready
>>> Download the Continent & Ocean Label Maps here <<<
Not only have we been using these printable activities but I also have a couple of other continent resources that the we have enjoyed :-)
I purchased this awesome felt map a while back in those fundraising catalogues that come out in time for christmas. It has loads of various bits and pieces you can add to the map.
To introduce the continents to K I showed her this video from You Tube.
Then for ongoing practice (as the above one is a little long) we refer to this one.
We love our gorgeous wooden Montessori Continent map. The kids use this to trace around and pin punch out the various continents.
Have you posted about your learning adventures of Earth's Oceans and Continents? Please add your post to the link up below.