Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Home Library Size & Your Child's Education

Now I have some justification for our ever growing home library (dh are you reading this ;-) ). I've entered 370 odd books into my Library Thing collections and I am not even halfway there yet!

“Home library size has a very substantial effect on educational attainment, even adjusting for parents’ education, father’s occupational status and other family background characteristics,”

“Growing up in a home with 500 books would propel a child 3.2 years further in education, on average, than would growing up in a similar home with few or no books."

Read the entire article here >>> I found this article via Walk Beside Me, thanks for pointing it out.

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Very interesting. I can never resist buying books.

Pathfinder Mom said...

Perfect post to justify my splurge this morning at the Scholastic Teacher's sale. I even bought a few books for myself. :)

Amanda said...

Very very interesting...we have toms of books I have no idea how many, but i would say easily over 500....and Ansley gets more every week LOL. Thanks. BTW I LOVE your blog!

Kez said...

That's a relief, mine should be fine then!

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a lovely comment :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blog Design by: Relevant Designs