We own and have used a variety of Knowledge Central Software items in our home over the years. The lower levels of Math Blaster and the Jump Start Kindergarten and Preschool software titles are often pulled down from our shelves.
However Jump Start, in this browser based format, is a gigantic virtual world and I mean gigantic. This really took some time for us to get our heads around too be honest.
The first time we logged on was spent the entire time just pimping and preening our Jumpeez (the avatar which travels within the virtual world).
I reminded B that this was definitely a game to enjoy but it did also have educational components in fact, along with the help of their Jumpeez the kids explore magical worlds, discovering and unlocking games, videos and storybooks that teach everything from math to reading.
The next time he jumped on I left him to explore for a while, on my return he had spent the entire time just cruising around all of the virtual worlds, finding the odd fun thing to do here and there. Seeking out the educational content wasn't as easy as I had first thought it would be though.
Alot of time could be wasted simply larking around, however, this is a game, a virtual world, that also offers an educational component. It is a supplemental program and it certainly contains an enormous amount of things to do within it.
In JumpStart, there are many places to explore once you launch the game. The first is an area called StoryLand, aimed at 3-5 year olds. Children can also explore AdventureLand and MarineLand, designed for kids in kindergarten to second grade. Children in 3rd to 5th grade will love FutureLand, and the Enchanted Sanctuary is loads of fun, where kids can hatch and raise their own dragons!
If you like the idea of a virtual world hangout for your kids but are unsure then Jump Start definitely would be a good option to consider. It is fun, which the kids really do enjoy, but you also have the satisfaction of knowing that they will be completing educational games at the same time and often without them even knowing it. You gotta love that!
Visit Jump Start to fnd out more.
To keep parents updated Jump Start also maintain a Blog, it features tips for using the program, new releases into the virtual world and a whole lot more.
Now for the Giveaway!
Knowledge Adventure have offered one of my readers the opportunity to win 3 Months access to the Jump Start Virtual World. (this is a browser based subscription, no physical product will be sent)
- To enter simply leave me a comment explaining why you would like your child/ren to enjoy learning through a virtual world program like Jump Start.
- For one optional extra entry facebook or tweet about this giveaway, you must leave a seperate comment letting me know you have done that.
- This giveaway will close Saturday 10th September Midnight Australian EST . The winner will be announced within 48 hours.
- Only comments left on this post are eligible and be sure to include a way for me to contact you in your comments otherwise another winner will be drawn.
- Be sure to leave a seperate comment for each entry option.
- Winner will be chosen at random. All international entries accepted.
- Winner will be given 49 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn.
Disclosure: I was provided with a membership good for Math Blaster and Knowledge Adventure at no cost by Knowledge Adventure in order to test the products’ abilities and give my own personal opinions on it. The opinions I have given are mine and may differ from others but were not influenced by the company or the free product provided.